1 January 2016

Starting well.....the best is yet to come!


Pistachio Muesli

It is finally a new year.  I have been waiting for 2016 to arrive and am so ready for a new start.  2015 was a pants year for many reasons, and I am excited for things to change and for life to be fabulous.

I have many many plans and am ready to embrace all that the universe has to offer.  My 2016 goals include:


  • Finally making this lovely blog as wonderful as I know it can be
  • Photographing lots more and learning lots of new techniques
  • Reading many of the books on my pinterest board and sharing my opinions through the blog and through my (to be established) book group
  • Making the most of my play by play subscription and seeing much more live theatre
  • Exploring, photographing and sharing healthy recipes
  • Making my house beautiful
  • Making myself beautiful - inside and out
  • Empowering my boys to be even more wonderful than they are now - I am excited for how they will develop this year
  • Having the confidence to develop myself professionally and being brave enough to take the risks I know I need to take.


I am looking forward to a busy and energetic year.

It is important that I am spiritually and physically nourished, so I thought I would start the year off well with a healthy breakfast.  I took my inspiration from the wonderful blog How Sweet Eats and messed about with it to include ingredients that I could find at my village shop.  My version uses the Fruit and Fibre Cereal rather than pure bran as I couldn't find it - a total cheat I know, but believe me it works.

Pistachio Muesli

Pistachio Muesli

 Makes about 6 bowls
Total Time: 10 minutes to prep

Ingredients:

75g pistachios, shells removed
50g unsweetened, flaked coconut
100g oats
50g dried cranberries
100g Fruit and Fibre cereal
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons brown sugar

yogurt or milk, for serving

Directions:

Heat a frying pan over medium heat and add the pistachios. Toast for a few minutes until slightly golden. Pour the pistachios into a large bowl. Add the coconut to the same pan over medium heat. Stir and shake the pan until the coconut is slightly toasted, about 1 minute. Add the coconut to the bowl.
Add the other ingredients (except the milk) to the bowl with the pistachios and coconut. Stir well to combine. Store the muesli in a sealed container for a week or two. To eat, mix a few tablespoons with  plain greek yogurt and let it sit a few hours or overnight before eating. If desired, you can add milk instead of yogurt to soak the muesli.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Design by Bonjour Belle Designs